1.11.2012

Ruthie Lou









Wow, it's been over a year since I've blogged..... I kinda feel like a big loser..... but, here I am, and here we go, I am recommiting myself! It's been a crazy year for me, It's been a struggle in lots of ways and quite frankly everytime I think about sitting down to blog, the thought that follows is typically something like.... "I'm going to nap/clean/feed my child/bathe my child/bathe myself/do laundry/make dinner/stare at the T.V./etc." But tonight as I rocked sweet Ruthie Lou to sleep I found myself thinking about how much I love that little bug and how I was living in a moment that I want to remember, and so I SHALL BLOG!
She is something else.... such a unique little being. She looks as if she knows something that I sure don't, something good, and I think that is pretty special. I feel like at times she's so overcome with joy that it could almost just burst out of her into a million little flecks of happiness :) and then there's the moments where you can look in those pretty little eyes and feel a peace and calm just radiate from within.
I am blessed.

3 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for sharing melis! I feel that too, with Luke, and there are hardly words to describe. They are so special, and lately I have had the feeling that I just can't take this time of their life for granted. LOVE IT!!! Anywho, she is beautiful, and has a beautiful mommy. Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yea! So glad to see you are blogging again. Love this post and little Ruthie is a doll. Isn't it funny that as mothers we find ourselves wanting to remember everything in the moment about our little ones. Too bad my memory is so bad but good thing we have blogging to help us remember it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I asked Mike if I could hold her today in church and I _loved_ watching her smile over and over again. It was crackin me up and super adorable.

    ReplyDelete